Volunteers are the backbone of our Club. From member-care activities like the Buddies Program to arts and culture events to social get-togethers to managing the website and the calendar, everything that happens at AWC Berlin happens because our volunteers give generously of their time and talents.
We currently need help in the following areas:
- Be a Buddy to new members: Make contact, invite your buddy to an event, engage her in club activities – help her feel welcomed and integrated.
- Neighborhood Coordinators: You will receive a list of AWC members in your neighborhood to build neighborhood contacts (e.g., have a picnic, a walk, a wine evening, a coffee morning), assist in engaging your neighborhood AWC members in club activities – help them feel connected.
The Board is constantly monitoring the changing regulations that impact our ability to offer in-person events. To be ready to offer multiple in-person activities as soon as restrictions allow, we're looking for volunteers to help us plan and launch the activities below. Please contact Programs if you are interested in contributing your time and talents to making 2021 a great year for our members!
Contact Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Activity Co-Coordinators for German Conversation Ost and German Conversation West: Help organize and host these active, weekly meetings for German speakers of all levels. The conversation group is a great way to meet new people and catch up with old friends while practicing German. The groups will meet in-person.
- Event Coordinator(s) for key Club Events: We're looking for volunteers who love to plan events to assist with venue reservations and set-up for events from the Thanksgiving to the Holiday Party.
- Activity Coordinator(s) for Film Club: We're looking for film aficionados to create a film group for fellow cinema fans that brings a variety of genres to our members, from art house to blockbuster films. The coordinator(s) can determine whether the format is to independently watch first and then discuss or watch together in a member’s home or at a theater together and discuss after.
- Blog Editor: Help members share their stories on our blog, Berlina Americana.
- Advertising/Sponsorship Manager: Recruit and manage relationship with AWC Berlin advertisers and sponsors. Contact My-Linh for more details at email@example.com.